Notices from RITA
* * * CREDIT CARD SERVICE FEE EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 1, 2018 * * *
Beginning October 1, 2018 taxpayers who elect to pay their municipal income tax bills to RITA by credit or debit card will incur a 2.75% service charge. This per credit card transaction fee is charged to RITA by a third party vendor and is not retained by RITA or The City of Wadsworth. Please note that this service charge applies only to credit or debit card transactions. Taxpayers who elect to pay by check or via ACH will not incur this service charge.
2018 COMPLIANCE PROGRAM IS COMPLETED
RITA MAILED DELINQUENCY NOTICES IN AUGUST AND OCTOBER
IF YOU RECEIVED ONE OF THESE NOTICES AND DIDN'T RESPOND, YOU MUST CONTACT RITA. WE ARE NO LONGER PROVIDING ASSISTANCE WITH RESPONSES.
If you have in fact failed to file the requested years, we strongly suggest you file the returns online at the RITA website: www.ritaohio.com.
Other options are to mail the information to:
- Attn: Compliance Department 198
- Regional Income Tax Agency
- PO BOX 470538
- Broadview Heights, OH 44147-0538
or fax the information to 440-922-3510.
Please don't ignore any notices you receive from RITA.
Penalty and interest notices are sent out for these common reasons:
- Withholding payment late (beginning with 2016 returns, the due date is the 15th of the following month if you pay monthly, or the 30th of the month if you pay quarterly)
- Annual Return late
- Estimate payments not paid by the due date, or estimates were less than 90% of tax due
- Withholding report received without full or correct payment based on information shown
- Annual Return received without full or correct payment based on information shown
- Tax paid is less than amount due
- Adjustment of tax liability
- Adjustment after review
- Check returned by bank (for NSF or other reason)
In addition to notices sent for any of these reasons, or the estimated tax notices referred to above, periodically a notice of filing delinquency is sent out. You will receive this notice if you are identified as someone who should have filed but has not, thus "delinquent." If you believe this is an error, please do not ignore the notice, but rather respond to RITA by mail or phone as directed in the notice. If you have questions, the phone number to contact RITA is on the notice, or you may stop in to see the City Income Tax Officer. Call 330.335.2745 to confirm the Tax Officer's availability.