Notices from RITA
RITA IS LONGER MAILING THE FILING REMINDER POSTCARD
Beginning January 2020, RITA will no longer mail filing reminder postcards. RITA will be reminding individual taxpayers of their city tax filing obligation using a more cost-effective "digital notification campaign." By transitioning from the annual postcard to digital messaging through social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn and on commonly-visited websites using GoogleAds, taxpayers will be presented with the filing reminder more than once and be encouraged to "click-through" to RITA's website where additional information, including e-filing options, will be available. When the taxpayers click-through, the message will be identified as having been "read." Digital messaging also allows for modification of the messages as the filing deadline approaches.
* * * SERVICE FEE FOR CARD PAYMENTS EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 1, 2018 * * *
Beginning October 1, 2018 taxpayers who elect to pay their municipal income tax bills to RITA by credit or debit card will incur a 2.75% service charge. This per credit card transaction fee is charged to RITA by a third party vendor and is not retained by RITA or The City of Wadsworth. Please note that this service charge applies only to credit or debit card transactions; taxpayers who pay by check or via ACH will not incur this service charge.
2019 COMPLIANCE PROGRAM
RITA MAILED DELINQUENCY NOTICES IN AUGUST AND OCTOBER
IF YOU RECEIVED ONE OF THESE NOTICES AND DID NOT RESPOND, YOU MUST CONTACT RITA. WE ONLY PROVIDED ASSISTANCE WITH SENDING RESPONSES WHILE THE PROGRAM WAS GOING ON
You have a legal duty to know and comply with all tax laws.
If you receive a notice, you are identified as someone who should have filed but has not, thus you are "delinquent." If you believe this is an error, please do not ignore the notice, but rather respond to RITA by mail or phone as directed in the notice. If you have questions, the phone number to contact RITA is on the notice, or you may stop in to see the City Income Tax Officer. Call 330.335.2745 to confirm the Tax Officer's availability.
If you have failed to file for any past years, we strongly suggest you file online at the RITA website: www.ritaohio.com.
Other options are to mail the information to:
- Attn: Compliance Department
- Regional Income Tax Agency
- PO BOX 470538
- Broadview Heights, OH 44147-0538
or fax the information to 440-922-3510.
Please don't ignore any notices you receive from RITA.
Penalty and interest notices are sent out for these common reasons:
- Withholding payment late (beginning with 2016 returns, the due date is the 15th of the following month if you pay monthly, or the 30th of the month if you pay quarterly)
- Annual Return late
- Estimate payments not paid by the due date, or estimates were less than 90% of tax due
- Withholding report received without full or correct payment based on information shown
- Annual Return received without full or correct payment based on information shown
- Tax paid is less than amount due
- Adjustment of tax liability
- Adjustment after review
- Check returned by bank (for NSF or other reason)