Housing Assistance Programs
FY2021 CHIP Grant
As of August 12, 2022, no additional applications for the FY2021 CHIP program will be accepted. The City and County have already received more applications than can be funded. Increases in materials costs and contractor labor will likely result in less projects being funded than was originally estimated.
General Information (for All Housing Grants)
- Applicant(s) must own and reside in the home. Rental properties or properties being purchased via a "land contract" are not eligible.
- Household income must be less than 80% of the region’s median income. Any household whose income exceeds the 80% threshold is not eligible for assistance. See 2021 HUD Income Table (below).
- Household may have no more than $100,000 in assets, exclusive of the value of the home.
- Must be current on all mortgage & tax payments
- Must provide evidence of house insurance.
- Programs funded through the CDBG CHIP and Allocation programs are not "home beautification" programs. Activities that are generally eligible for financial assistance include roof repairs; furnaces; hot water tanks; structural deficiencies (porches, stairs, etc.); electrical panels and plumbing and similar building code violations and threats to safety. Cosmetic improvements (i.e. new cabinets, carpeting, etc.) are generally not eligible for assistance. Each application will be reviewed to ensure that the repairs being requested meet program goals.
- All CDBG CHIP and Allocation programs are designed to assist low and moderate income (LMI) households. An LMI household is one where total gross household earnings are less than 80% of the area’s median income.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT THE MEDINA COUNTY CHIP OFFICE AT 330-410-6581.