Housing Assistance Programs
FY2021 CHIP Grant
The City and County partnered on a 2021 CHIP application. This applicaiton is still being reviewed by the Ohio Development Services Agency. Communites whose applications are funded will be notified by the state by the end of December 2021.
If the FY2021 CHIP program application is awarded, more information will be posted to this page. As in the past, two types of assistance will be made available:
Minor Home Repairs - will be used to correct one or two building or fire code issues at an owner occupied home.
Owner Occupied Rehabilitation - Will be used to correct all eligible building and fire code issues at an owner occupied home.
Basic Eligibility Requirements
- Applicant must own and reside in the home. Rental properties or properties being purchased via a "land contract" are not eligible.
- Household income must be less than 80% of the region’s median income. Any household whose income exceeds the 80% threshold is not eligible for assistance. See 2019 HUD Income Table (below).
- Household may have no more than $100,000 in assets, exclusive of the value of the home.
- Must be current on all mortgage & tax payments
- Must provide evidence of house insurance.
General Information (for All Housing Grants)
- Programs funded through the CDBG CHIP and Allocation programs are not "home beautification" programs. Activities that are generally eligible for financial assistance include roof repairs; furnaces; hot water tanks; structural deficiencies (porches, stairs, etc.); electrical panels and plumbing and similar building code violations and threats to safety. Cosmetic improvements (i.e. new cabinets, carpeting, etc.) are generally not eligible for assistance. Each application will be reviewed to ensure that the repairs being requested meet program goals.
- All CDBG CHIP and Allocation programs are designed to assist low and moderate income (LMI) households. An LMI household is one where total gross household earnings are less than 80% of the area’s median income.
Where to pick up and submit applications
Applications may be picked up at:
- Wadsworth City Hall (Building & Planning Office), 120 Maple Street, Wadsworth
- Medina County Administration Building, 144 North Broadway Street, Medina
- Medina County CHIP Office, 120 West Washington Street #3B, Medina
Completed applications may not be dropped off at Wadsworth City Hall. Once an application has been completed and all required supporting documentation compiled, applicants will need to contact the Medina County CHIP Office (phone #330-410-6581) to schedule an appointment to have your application and supporting documents reviewed and verified. The application, list of required supporting documents and filing instructions are included in the application packet.