New Resident Guide
Welcome New Residents
As Mayor, I am glad you have chosen the City of Wadsworth as your new home! Whether you own or rent, we would like to help you become familiar with all that Wadsworth has to offer and have collected the following information to help you settle in.
Important Phone Numbers
- Safety Forces
- Police Non-Emergency Phone: 330-334-1511
- Non-Emergency Fire/EMS Phone: 330-335-2754
- Security Alarm Registration Phone: 330-335-2700
- Dog Catcher Phone: 330-335-2823 or 330-335-2842
- BMV (Driver) Phone: 330-336-4485
- Dog: Call them at 330-725-9754 or visit their website
- Hunting: Visit the Ohio Department of Natural Resources website
- Solicitor Phone: 330-335-2705
- Title Bureau Phone: 330-336-6685
- Social Services: Dial 211 or go to their website.
Did You Know That...
- Wadsworth has its own TV station that films and broadcasts Council and other City meetings on MY.VIEBIT.COM. Residents may also produce their own shows in the WCTV studios, located at the Community Center.
- Wadsworth has its own radio station, 97.1.
- Wadsworth has a City Income Tax. Call 330-335-2745 for help.
- Solicitors must secure a permit before going door-to-door to solicit. See City Ordinances, Chapter 112, Sections 01-13. Call 330-335-2705 for more information
- Wadsworth is part of a county Emergency Notification System and we encourage you to register to receive notifications by text, email or phone.
- The Sanitation Department offers the opportunity for their customers to dispose of additional unwanted items on their normal trash day during Spring Clean-Up Week. Call 330-335-2847 for more information.
- Wadsworth has a Fall Leaf Pick-Up Program. Look for dates on the City’s Street Department page.
- There is a curfew for those under 18. See City Ordinance 132.13
- On street parking is not permitted from 2 to 6 a.m. Call the police department for a temporary exception.
- Yard waste stickers are necessary for disposal of yard waste. Get them at the utility counter at City Hall for $1 each or at Buehler’s, Giant Eagle or Hometown Market.
Be a Good Neighbor
- Leash your dog, per City Ordinance 90.01.
- Be aware of creating excessive noise, per City Ordinance 132.14.
- Trim trees, bushes and grass to help keep your neighborhood beautiful.
- Please keep your sidewalks clear and shoveled in winter per Ordinance 97.02.