The Engineering Department is open to the public. However, the City is attempting to protect its employees by limiting their exposure to the possible transmission of COVID from the general public.
In-person meetings are still scheduled on a case-by-case basis. To limit in person visits, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (330) 335-2751 with requests and questions.
All documents, plan submissions, permit applications, etc. can be either mailed or scanned as a PDF and emailed to the aforementioned email address. Payments by check can be mailed or dropped off at our office. Payment by credit card can also be made by calling the above phone #.
For sanitary backups/issues or storm sewer flooding, please click here.
The City of Wadsworth Engineering Department is responsible for providing many services throughout the city. Engineering staff responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as liaisons with consultants, contractors, engineers, developers, and utility companies for public and private projects
- Assisting individuals with tax and topographic maps, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, and water main locations
- Completing project design and management from preliminary planning to escrow closeout
- Construction inspection
- Designing and contracting the construction for total replacements of existing storm sewer systems as well as defining the areas where new systems are needed to convey the storm water
- Engineering and engineering reviews
- Establishing subdivision and site plan requirements for all development within the City
- Inspection of the installation of improvements to ensure conformity with approved plans and specifications
- Preparation of applications and administration of grant programs
- Providing city engineering services to other city departments
- Public assistance
- Research and administration
- Reviewing and comment on traffic studies
- Updating and maintenance of the capital asset infrastructure inventory