What should I do during a power outage?

After contacting the Electric Division (330-335-2833) to report the outage, you should unplug all non essential appliances. Also, keep refrigerator and freezer doors closed. Continually opening and closing these doors will result in faster loss of cold air. If you think you may have heard something that may have caused the outage, please report the noise to the Electric Division by calling 330-335-2833.

Show All Answers

1. Who do I notify when digging will be done in my yard?
2. Who do I call when I have a question about my electric bill, when I want to start new service, or I need a final reading?
3. Who do I call to report a problem with my electric service or an outage?
4. What should I do during a power outage?
5. Who do I call to report a street light that is not working?
6. Can I landscape around the transformer (or pedestal) in my yard?
7. Why does Wadsworth Electric trim trees?
8. Why do I sometimes experience brief outages that call for resetting of appliances?
9. Why do I have trouble getting a call through during a power outage?
10. Which lines are power lines?
11. What is a planned outage?