I need a restraining order. How do I get one?

There are only two types of protection orders available through the law director's office. The first is a temporary protection order that is filed in conjunction with a criminal complaint for domestic violence or threatening domestic violence. The other is an anti-stalking protection order. Again this is filed in conjunction with certain types of criminal charges such as assault, menacing, etc.

Civil protection orders and civil anti-stalking protection orders are available through the Medina Common Pleas Court. These orders are not related to criminal charges. The law director's office cannot assist in obtaining these orders. It is recommended that those individuals seeking these types of protection orders speak to a private attorney for more information.

Show All Answers

1. My neighbor's tree is hanging over my house / in my yard. Can I cut it?
2. I need a restraining order. How do I get one?
3. My ex-spouse violated our child visitation agreement. What can I do?
4. I have a problem with my landlord/tenant. Can you help me?
5. Does the city have an ordinance about dangerous dogs?
6. Does the city have a "leash law"?
7. My neighbors cat runs in my yard or is on my porch. Is there a loose cat ordinance?