Frequently Asked Questions
- Why Wadsworth Peak Rewards? Why now?
- How does Wadsworth Peak Rewards work?
- What is "cycling"?
- What choices are available to me when I join Wadsworth Peak Rewards?
- Will Wadsworth Peak Rewards affect my comfort level?
- How will I receive my installation credit and annual bill credit?
- Will I receive all of the bill credits in the same calendar year?
- Are there any hidden costs or fees with this program?
- How often will the program be activated?
- When and for how long will a conservation period last?
- What causes "times of peak electricity demand"?
- How will I know when a Wadsworth Peak Rewards conservation period is occurring?
- Can an emergency event (otherwise known as "Priority Peak Day") occur outside of the months of the cooling season?
- Am I permitted to "opt out" of a conservation period?
- Are there penalties for withdrawing from Peak Rewards?
- How does Wadsworth Peak Rewards benefit my community?
- How does Wadsworth Peak Rewards keep energy rates low?
- How does Wadsworth Peak Rewards help the environment?
- What is a web-programmable thermostat?
- If my thermostat is Internet accessible, how do I know a hacker or The City of Wadsworth won't change the settings on me?
- Why would I want Internet access?
- Do I need to be at my facility when the programmable thermostat is installed?
- How long will the installation take?
- When will the thermostat be installed?