Family & Biography
I was appointed Judge of the Wadsworth Municipal Court by then Governor George V. Voinvich. In 1997, I was elected for the unexpired judicial term. I have been re-elected in 2000, 2006 and 2012. I am a faculty member of The Ohio Supreme Court, Ohio Judicial College and currently serve on the Criminal Law and Procedure Committee for the Ohio Judicial Conference.
I am a member of the Medina County Bar Association and a Trustee of the Association of Municipal/County Judges of Ohio, Inc. I am married to Sarah and have two sons and two daughters-in-law, Jacob & Emily and Alexander and Lori. I have five grand-children.
Law Related Activities & Honors
- Admitted to the United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 1982
- Licensed to practice Law by the Ohio Supreme Court, November 1978
- Ohio Northern University, Pettit College of Law, Juris Doctor, 1978
- Muskingum College, New Concord, Ohio, Bachelor of Arts, 1975
- Judge, Wadsworth Municipal Court, January 1, 1997 to Present
- Faculty, The Ohio Supreme Court, Ohio Judicial College
- Preliminary Hearings and Initial Appearances
- Jury Trials
- Domestic Violence
- Traffic topics
- HB 123
- Steering Committee - Plan educational programs for the year
- Association of Municipal/County Judges of Ohio, Inc.
- Education Committee and elected Trustee in 2011
- President, Medina County Bar Association, 1990
- Boss of the Year, Medina County Legal Secretaries Association, 1994