March 11, 2020
The City of Wadsworth has been in contact with the Medina County Health Department Commissioner regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The Commissioner is recommending that we take a precautionary step and close the Soprema Senior Center and Cafe for two weeks to assist in preventing the spread of the virus to the most at-risk population of our community. Therefore, the Senior Center and Cafe only, will be closed until further notice.
We want all of our residents to be safe and take proactive measures to prevent any illness. The suggested recommendations include:
• Wash your hands for 20 seconds or more with soapy water. If available, use hand sanitizer. Avoid handshaking.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid contact with people who are sick. Cover your mouth/nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing. If contact is necessary, maintain a six-foot separation from those who are sick.
• Stay home while you are sick and avoid contact with others. Also, attempt to maintain separation from others in your home if you are sick.
• Take extra precautions if you or those you have come in contact with have recently traveled to regions of countries with a high risk of exposure and/or outbreaks of COVID-19.
• Get adequate sleep and eat well-balanced meals to ensure a healthy immune system.