The City of Wadsworth Building Department is the permitting and inspecting agency for all 1, 2 and 3 - family residential construction projects within the City limits.
- Contact the Medina County Health Department for all related plumbing permits and inspections.
- Commercial/Industrial and multi-family projects, as well as residential construction in surrounding townships, are under the jurisdiction of the Medina County Building Department. Zoning approval information for commercial/industrial projects in the City can be found on the Commercial Projects page.
- Call Ohio Utility Protection Service at 811 or 800-362-2764 before you dig.
Only Electrical and HVAC contractors performing residential work within the City are required to be registered. Commercial electrical and HVAC contractors obtain their registration from the Medina County Building Department.
- Is a permit required for a shed or fence?
- How do I obtain a permit for a shed, fence or pool?
- How do I obtain a permit to build a deck?
- Do I need blue print drawings? Or what is an acceptable drawing?
- As a general contractor do I need to be registered with the City?
- What size of drawings need to be furnished for new home construction, planning commission and Board of Zoning Appeals?
- Who do I make the check out to?
- What is your mailing address.
- What is an easement and why should a home owner be concerned?
- How do I become a registered Electrical or HVAC contractor in the City.